Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Years ago my uncle was shot with a 25. A rock was thrown through his driver window and was told to give up his wallet. My uncle hit the gas and the robber fired 3 or 4 rounds into the car. My uncle was hit in the back and didn't even feel it. He drove himself home and got into bed. He couldn't sleep and was irritated by his back. The pain got a little worse as he laid there. He then called his brother to meet him at the hospital and that he thought he might have gotten shot. When he got to the hospital, one of the rounds entered his back and was laying on top of his stomach. He was fine but he said he never even felt a thing.

I am a Forum User
    Some gun is better than none gun.

I am a Forum User
    I agree but if someone is asking if a 25 is a good carry gun for self protection, I'm going to say "absolutely not". It's your life and your families life. I don't know about anyone else here but if I'm going to carry for protection, a 25 isn't a good choice. Just my 2 cents.

Many years ago, Col. Jeff Cooper wrote about a woman who kept a .25 pistol under her pillow. She awoke one night having an allergy attack, grabbed her inhaler, which was also kept under the pillow, and shot herself in the sinuses.

Col. Cooper stated, (paraphrased), "Poor woman, everyone knows a .25 is insufficient to clear ones sinuses."

That said, if you opt to carry a .25, understand that it is at the very low-end of handgun power and is extremely unlikely to produce a "one-shot stop." Though, it is far superior to no gun at all.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully
    My uncle was hit in the back and didn't even feel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy
    if you opt to carry a .25, understand that it is at the very low-end of handgun power and is extremely unlikely to produce a "one-shot stop."
    Maybe your uncle was diabetic neuropathic? Oooooooooookayyyy, but I think most people would FEEL IT (e.g H-U-R-T) if you shot them at close range with a BB gun!!!! - I know I would.

Regardless, as far as getting shot by a 25 auto, I highly recommend that you dont try this at home.

"One shot stop"? How many times, exactly, do I have to shoot you with my Winchester 25 auto Silvertips before you dont want to get shot any more? ..............be honest now...............
    0? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5?

Last edited by garyjt; 05-09-2010 at 10:35 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Say what you want, it's not BS. The next day he said it felt like someone hit him in the back with a bat. But at the time of the shooting, he didn't even know.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully
    Say what you want, it's not BS. The next day he said it felt like someone hit him in the back with a bat. But at the time of the shooting, he didn't even know.
    OK, yes, I guess it is certainly "possible", but very very rare.
    Guys in Vietnam occasionally said the same thing after their entire leg was blown off. That kind of trauma shock that negates pain "could" happen with any gunshot wound, from any caliber handgun, 25, 22, 9mm, 38, 32, etc. but I wouldn't count on it if you feel like trying it.

Furthermore, a hole thru your heart from a 25 is still going to kill you pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by garyjt
    "One shot stop"? How many times, exactly, do I have to shoot you with my Winchester 25 auto Silvertips before dont want to get shot any more? ..............be honest now...............
    And how many stories have we read of people shot multiple times with "superior" rounds, 9mm, .38 Special, etc., who continued to fight and were able to seriously injure or kill others before they were finally "stopped"?

There is a tremendous difference between the desire for pain to stop, and being physically incapable of acting.

Every step I take produces an amazing amount of intense pain. I can still deliver a kick at head level with enough force cause injury to an opponent, I can still run if circumstances dictate, but I hobble on a cane to help minimize the pain of walking.

An opponent shot with a .25 will likely feel the pain, want it to stop, and will certainly wish to avid being shot further, but may still be capable of, and intent upon, causing you great harm despite that pain and desire.

With a larger caliber pistol, there is a greater chance the opponent will be rendered incapable of continuing the attack.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by garyjt
    OK, yes, I guess it is certainly "possible", but very very rare.
    Guys in Vietnam occasionally said the same thing after their entire leg was blown off. That kind of trauma shock that negates pain "could" happen with any gunshot wound, from any caliber handgun, 25, 22, 9mm, 38, 32, etc. but I wouldn't count on it if you feel like trying it.
    When I was 7, I fell into a barbed wire fence, tearing my throat open. A trip to the emergency room, and many stitches later I was sent home. I was unaware my throat had been ripped open; I was concerned about my scraped & bleeding knee. Only when the doctor panicked did I become fully aware that something was wrong; before then I had no idea why Mom made me hold a dish towel to my chin.
    The nerves through my chin & throat were severely damage, producing a numbness that persists to this day; never felt a thing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy
    And how many stories have we read of people shot multiple times with "superior" rounds, 9mm, .38 Special, etc., who continued to fight and were able to seriously injure or kill others before they were finally "stopped"?

There is a tremendous difference between the desire for pain to stop, and being physically incapable of acting.

Every step I take produces an amazing amount of intense pain. I can still deliver a kick at head level with enough force cause injury to an opponent, I can still run if circumstances dictate, but I hobble on a cane to help minimize the pain of walking.

An opponent shot with a .25 will likely feel the pain, want it to stop, and will certainly wish to avid being shot further, but may still be capable of, and intent upon, causing you great harm despite that pain and desire.

With a larger caliber pistol, there is a greater chance the opponent will be rendered incapable of continuing the attack.
    Of course!!! but, Gee!!! why not then just carry the ole 12 guage with 00?

Bottom line: 99% of the time, a Beretta 25 auto with Winchester Silvertips, whether you actually fire it or not, and if you know how to use it, will do the job of preventing a crime.

(Geeez!!!! you guys are tiring me out!!!! Just send me all those old Beretta 25 autos that you dont want.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast