Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Exclamation Early model Colt *Combat Elite*

With classic diamond and checkered wood grips

Ive heard the ones this early were custom order only the weren't a catalog gun im not sure but i have the original box and its a colt custom shop box. it has a solid hammer and trigger, wrap around grips. and fixed gi style sights with "*Combat Elite*" stamped on the slide. I would like to find out more about it hopefully someone is knowledgeable about these and could tell me a little more about. Ill try to get some better pics soon

Mine's been good to me. It's dead on reliable and shoots better than I can. It came with a commander style hammer instead of the spur hammer you've got on yours. I fitted a Chip McCormick slide stop and thumb safety to it and put some Hakan Pek grips on it. Other than that, it's like it came from the factory. I've got all the original parts to put it back to stock. Some of them came with an adjustable rear sight if I recall correctly. You'll enjoy it. It's a nice piece. Here's a pic of mine.

If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    Real nice looking with those grips. Did u buy yours new? Do you know if it was only custom order?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911AO
    Real nice looking with those grips. Did u buy yours new? Do you know if it was only custom order?
    No, I bought it used. Never heard the custom order thing. Don't really think that's so.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    Edit; Sorry I double poted
    Last edited by JHill; 03-30-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Double post

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin
    Mine's been good to me. It's dead on reliable and shoots better than I can. It came with a commander style hammer instead of the spur hammer you've got on yours. I fitted a Chip McCormick slide stop and thumb safety to it and put some Hakan Pek grips on it. Other than that, it's like it came from the factory. I've got all the original parts to put it back to stock. Some of them came with an adjustable rear sight if I recall correctly. You'll enjoy it. It's a nice piece. Here's a pic of mine.

1911AO, I wish I could help you but, I don't know. I just wated to say that you and Imshootin, both have beauties there. Imshootin, what's up with the idiot mark?

Quote Originally Posted by JHill
    1911AO, I wish I could help you but, I don't know. I just wated to say that you and Imshootin, both have beauties there. Imshootin, what's up with the idiot mark?
    Like I said in post #4, I bought it used.
    I'm not anal about power tools, either.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin
    Like I said in post #4, I bought it used.
    I'm not anal about power tools, either.
    I know, I was just messin with ya.

I am a Forum User
    Heres a better pic

MGO Member
    I am no Colt 1911 expert, hell I'm not even a novice.

You may be able to contact Colt to have them run a history on your gun.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/CustomerServ...eServices.aspx

There is a charge, but it may be worth it if it is a rare Colt.

One of the 1911 forums may be able to help with this as well. (someone have the sights?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast