Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
Northern Lower Peninsula Picnic. CLICK >>>>HERE<<<< FOR MORE DETAILS!

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by alinc100 View Post
    They are thick enough that you can back a tow truck into the basement and wrap the cable around the safe and pull it out just like flossing your teeth after eating popcorn. If a safe is in two corners, back and one side and you have a pry bar and you manage to jam it under the safe do you really think you'll be able to pry it straight up and pull a properly installed anchor out of the slab?
    And the answer to the Jeopardy question, is " What is the formulae for lbs per square inch required to lift the safe" ?

I am a Forum User
    Just get it off the basement floor, however you choose.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Is it a finished, environmentally controlled basement? (Not necessarily sounding like it)

If not, I'd suggest reconsidering if there might be something above grade that could be moved to the basement to make room for the safe upstairs.
    Is there a closet full of crap that you'd miss less than your gun collection?
    Maybe you've already exhausted other options.

My sump pump runs 365 days a year, cycling as much as every minute at times during the rainy season so I understand your concerns.
    I've had pumps fail, check valves fail, power outages, frozen pipes, but so far (knock on wood) never a flood.
    Literally no other options other than in garage (and it is not going out there). Ultimately, IF the basement ever did flood, the guns are the first thing I’m getting out. lol. Everything else of value that could be damaged by water is either in plastic bins or up on shelves. I have water sensors on the floor as well that will text me if water is detected.

Just give me all your guns and valuables and then you won’t have to worry about it…

You can keep the safe!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123