Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

from the article
    “If you’re going to do this, people should have more training," Chirkun said.
    I have more training. I don't see the point.
    Does Chirkun have more training than I have?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    from the article

I have more training. I don't see the point.
    Does Chirkun have more training than I have?
    Do they mean something like the 8-20 hours per YEAR that an average US police officer gets? (some exceptions, as I believe Utah requires 40hr/year). My research shows MI police are not required to log ANY hours, but to simply demonstrate firearms "proficiency". MCOLES does set an advisory standard, but it is just advisory...

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4200 of 2019
    Weapons; concealed; penalties for open-carry of a concealed pistol in prohibited areas; modify. Amends sec. 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 6/18/2019 referred to Committee on Judiciary, with substitute H-2

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(lqs...-4200-417a.PDF

HB 4201 of 2019
    Weapons; concealed; sentencing guidelines; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4200'19
    Last Action: 6/18/2019 referred to Committee on Judiciary, with substitute H-1

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(asn...-4201-418a.PDF
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

The updated, substitute H2 version of HB 4200 has been modified from the original bill to include provisions for repeat offenders.

• The first offense is a $250 civil infraction (ticket)

• The second offense within 5 years of the first is a Misdemeanor with up to 90 days in jail or a fine of up to $1,000 and your CPL "may" (court discretion) be suspended for 1 year.

• The 3rd offense within a 5 year window is a Felony with up to 2 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000. Your CPL will be revoked.
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 06-19-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Well, this will probably be more palatable to our Dem Governess. It's still an improvement over what we currently have, but not as good as it could have been.

This is so convoluted, it needs to laid out to understand it.

1st 2nd 3rd
    Current Law $500 6mo Suspend $1000 Revoked $5000 4yr felony Revoked
    Original Bill $100 fine <- Same <- Same
    H2 Substitute $250 Within 5yrs 90days $1000 1yr suspension Within 5yrs $5000 2yr felony Revoked

I think I copied all of that correctly. If this is supposed to be about reasonable sentencing, They missed.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    This is so convoluted, it needs to laid out to understand it.

1st 2nd 3rd
    Current Law $500 6mo Suspend $1000 Revoked $5000 4yr felony Revoked
    Original Bill $100 fine <- Same <- Same
    H2 Substitute $250 Within 5yrs 90days $1000 1yr suspension Within 5yrs $5000 2yr felony Revoked

I think I copied all of that correctly. If this is supposed to be about reasonable sentencing, They missed.

I missed the increase from $100 to $250. You are correct. I edited my post above accordingly.

H2 basically blew the whole "gain" of this bill, for the most part. The original basically said…go ahead and carry concealed in a no-concealed carry zone…if you get caught, you get a $100 hand slap. If it happens 5x a year…whatever! Your choice…

Now, we're right back to being a criminal again upon the second offense w/in 5 years.

The biggest benefit of this now is…first offense is just a $250 ticket…down from $500…and now no suspension.

FAR FAR from what it started off to be...

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4200 of 2019
    Weapons; concealed; penalties for open-carry of a concealed pistol in prohibited areas; modify. Amends sec. 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 4/24/2020 Analysis File Added

HB 4201 of 2019
    Weapons; concealed; sentencing guidelines; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4200'19
    Last Action: 4/24/2020 Analysis File Added

Analysis file for the above bills:
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...0-B7EEF2AF.pdf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123