Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    One of the main reasons I sold my VEPR 12 due to issues with mags/availability/reliability.

The good ones are not cheap or need to be custom fitted. Any 12 gauge shotgun AK platform's crux seems to be the mag system..

I agree. I avoided box mag fed shotguns my entire life because I didn’t want to deal with issues. KUSA caught my attention because they’re using original Izhmash plans and specs (not a cast copy of a copy), but made by people not stumbling around from vodka.

The Csspecs mags do need to be filed to fit, which I don’t have a problem doing. I’m hoping I can get them to work, and just get a bunch of them and not have to worry about plastic durability issues.

If anyone was looking.... the Csspecs S-12 mags just came back in stock this morning on their site. They have 30 left after I ordered 3 for me. I can’t find a bad review on them other than they’re trim-to-fit.

C’mon KUSA.....get it together......

I just received some new KUSA 10 round mags and was excited to see that they redesigned the rear locking tab with more beef.....but no....

One of the 4 extra mags I ordered before the original one failed was shipped without the steel feed lips installed. The rear tab wasn’t beefed up.....it was just missing parts....

On a positive note, the gun ran like a champ with Walmart bulk target loads. I was impressed. Still impressed with the gun, the mags....not so much....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    C’mon KUSA.....get it together......

I just received some new KUSA 10 round mags and was excited to see that they redesigned the rear locking tab with more beef.....but no....

One of the 4 extra mags I ordered before the original one failed was shipped without the steel feed lips installed. The rear tab wasn’t beefed up.....it was just missing parts....

On a positive note, the gun ran like a champ with Walmart bulk target loads. I was impressed. Still impressed with the gun, the mags....not so much....
    Can you swap it off the broken mag?
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Can you swap it off the broken mag?
    Sure can. They’re just clipped in. I emailed the same girl I was talking to before, hoping to get another replacement, and save this one for parts. I’m just waiting to see if they want the defective one back before I do though. I’d imagine not, I’m sure the cost of shipping both ways would be about the same or more as their cost to make a new mag.

I am a Forum User
    Hopefully they make it right for you. I’ve emailed KUSA a few times and can say that they have as fast of return emails as I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    Hopefully they make it right for you. I’ve emailed KUSA a few times and can say that they have as fast of return emails as I’ve ever seen.
    The first time I emailed I got a response back in minutes saying a new mag was on the way. This time I got a forwarded response with “Frank, please take care of this”. Hopefully the guy receiving the forwarded email gets on it, and they don’t think I’m milking them for mags. Though, in the end, I think these KUSA mags I have will just be delegated to light loads, I’ve seen many complain about the rear locking tab breaking off when using full house loads. I have some all steel Csspec mags on the way that will be able to handle the buck and slugs. I should probably stock up on the steel ones now before the ATF decides box mag fed shotguns are evil. Those should last as long as an AKM mag since they’re built the same. The plastic mags take a beating in the steel receiver.

I just received the replacement magazine for the damaged one I first mentioned. Brand new in box. Their fix for the magazine purchased that was missing the feed lips was to send me just the feed lips.....which don’t fit. Some minor fitting should make it work though. Kind of annoying, but at least they were fast about it.

I also received an Izhmash and a couple AGM mags. They both have a much more robust polymer, and far more beefy locking tabs with significantly more material. The Csspecs mags came in too, and as expected they are built like AK mags. Thick stamped bodies, and one piece machined steel feed lips/ locking tabs. I think the Csspecs mags are the way to go for longevity, they just weigh a bit more.

Csspecs
    Izhmash
    AGM
    KUSA

Huge difference. Comparing them all, it looks like the mold for the KUSA was modified to make the tab more svelte after a prior iteration. Not sure why.

Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 06-19-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12