Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You know, I emailed my senator (Margaret O'Brien) about this a couple of times, saying she should urge Meek to get the bill moving. All I got back was the usual form letter containing political BS about balancing "protecting our children and the rights" of gun owners, and then describing what the bills do. I already knew what the bills did. That's why we, the people, want them passed!

We don't care if legislators "think" (I, for one, wonder if they really "think" at all) this is right time for something. Just do it! If it fails, we'll try again. If it doesn't, we got what we wanted.

I am a Forum User
    Sweet Baby Jebbuss!!! The Law if just fine the way it is. If you cant afford >$200 for the permit you shouldn't be carrying a gun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    Sweet Baby Jebbuss!!! The Law if just fine the way it is. If you cant afford >$200 for the permit you shouldn't be carrying a gun.
    So, your constitutional rights are based on how much money one has in their bank account?

I am a Forum User
    You agree with the government holding ones constitutional rights hostage?

I am sorry, I missed the fine print on these laws:

Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
    (except for in your vehicle, certain restricted places, and not at all if even slightly obstructed from the view of others with out paying for "special" training and additional taxes for the right)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    (except for whatever regulations either the States or Congress wishes to place on them)

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Welcome to the forums Mr. Meekhof!

Meekoff is correct. The time to establish this practice would have been when the Bill of Rights was adopted. We let our government get in the way to “protect” us, however.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    Meekoff is correct. The time to establish this practice would have been when the Bill of Rights was adopted. We let our government get in the way to “protect” us, however.
    Michigan Constitution says

Right to bear arms.
    13. Every person has a right to bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
    I surely don't see any limitations on how or where to bear arms.
    Except for it says himself, apparently woman are excluded and not do not count as a person?

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Michigan Constitution says

I surely don't see any limitations on how or where to bear arms.
    Except for it says himself, apparently woman are excluded and not do not count as a person?
    As I said, this should have been in place at the time that the Bill of Rights was adopted. If you want to wait until Michigan was a state and had a constitution, fine.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

Name:  ha-.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  84.7 KB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast