Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Looking for Gunsmith

Looking for a gunsmith in the Macomb area that can replace missing parts in a Glock 19 slide assembly.

I am a Forum User
    youtube is your friend.. Identify the missing parts, order them online and yo can install them your self. Glocks are so easy to work on.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Double Action Gun Shop on Dequindre in Madison Hts, MI.
    https://doubleaction.com/

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    youtube is your friend.. Identify the missing parts, order them online and yo can install them your self. Glocks are so easy to work on.
    +1 on that
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Marketplace Moderator
    My first choice would be gunsmith Doug Jones at accurail. He will find or make missing parts. Great gunsmith with Great prices. Second choice would be Wessels Gun Service on 9 Mile in Warren. Also a good gunsmith. Good Safe Shooting, MOOSE

I am a Forum User
    I always mention Doug Jones, to anyone needing any type of firearm repair..
    I addition to being very knowledgeable & skilled as a gunsmith, ( + his prices are very reasonable)
    & he's is a nice guy on top of it all.

I'd add that I believe that anyone who has Doug work on a firearm once, will bring him any other work they need in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    I always mention Doug Jones, to anyone needing any type of firearm repair..
    I addition to being very knowledgeable & skilled as a gunsmith, ( + his prices are very reasonable)
    & he's is a nice guy on top of it all.

I'd add that I believe that anyone who has Doug work on a firearm once, will bring him any other work they need in the future.
    if you have had him do a lot of stuff, what all does he work on, his website is limited mentions 1911.

Does he do the same stuff any other smith does, trigger jobs, repairs, mount scopes, all the common stuff and some custom stuff etc?

OP if you can find a diagram of your exact model I bet you can do it yourself. But if you can't you should have no problem finding someone to pop a few parts into a glock.

I am a Forum User
    " Does he do the same stuff any other smith does, trigger jobs, repairs, mount scopes, all the common stuff and some custom stuff etc ? "

Yes, he does. Doug does all sorts of generalized gun smithing services.. he was a machinist BEFORE becoming a gunsmith.
    so he has a wide skill set. I would say he does everything EXCEPT refinishing firearms.. has places he out sourses to, or refers you to , for refinishing stuff.

Doug's website is limited to advertising the Acc-u -rail system that he does for 1911's.
    I met him when the Bo Mar rear sight on a Colt Commander I had, broke the rear sight blade.
    I didn't know that BoMar had gone out of business, years ago..but he had the part I needed in his spare parts stash & was able to repair the sight..while I waited.
    At a very reasonable price. He has done trigger jobs on revolvers, auto loaders, & rifles for me personally. Has repaired shotguns for several of my friends.
    Installed sights on a friends rifle. Friend didn't think sight was as high as he wanted, so took it back to Doug..who removed the sight, added material to raise the sight higher, w/o any additional charge.

I have asked him about doing work on some firearms, & he has explained why it wasn't a good idea ,( to do what I had considered )
    or as he said, "It'd be a waste of money" To me, this makes him an honest person, in that he'd rather give an honest answer, instead of just doing what I asked, to make $ on the work.
    If I'd insisted that I wanted it done, he would have done it..but I've learned to trust his opinion on firearms related topics.

You may gather that I like Doug , & his work , a lot. I do. Which is why I recommend him to others.
    I want him to stay in business. He did once tell me he doesn't really advertise, as he usually has plenty of work to do, &
    most of his work is shipped to him from out of state.

I am a Forum User
    Yes a Glock is about as basic and simple as it gets. If your not comfortable with repairing your own weapon(I take my truck in to a mechanic), by all means give us a shout.

Ron