Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote - joelansing "Should I sell my spare ammo, or keep hoarding it?
    So I have at least four thousand rounds of ammo I will never use. Should I sell it now, or wait for prices to go even higher? I feel like I'm playing the stock market I've got a lot of extra 12GA buckshot, 22lr, 9MM including JHP, 5.56, and other stuff. I'm a hoarder, not a prepper. I'm wanting to make a buck before ammo stocks replenish, but overcoming my hoarding tendencies is an issue. I feeling that not just Vista Outdoors, but PPU, S&B, Aguila, Barnual, and others will take up the slack on ammo supplies eventually. Ammo prices seem to be halfway decent on the Ammo For Sale on here. But on Gunbroker the prices are crazy. $45 a box for 9MM ball ammo is what it is selling for, and I've got 9BPLE. Not offers, actual bids. Should I sell on GB, wait for higher prices, or just keep hoarding it?
    - Joe "

To keep gouging or to wait and give them an even better screwing down the road. That is the question.

Ahhhhh the almighty dollar.

I have friends that cannot even take their kids rabbit hunting because they can't afford or even find birdshot.

Makes me sick. And don't even start this capitalism crap.
    I have nothing against making an honest buck and have done it my entire life, I don't consider what's going on right now honest in any way shape or form. And a lot of fellow gun guys agree with me, but are afraid or uncomfortable to say so publicly due to being chastised for it.

I'm entitled to my opinion just like everybody else. I'll stand up for it even if I stand alone.

I have not sold one single round above what I've paid for it and most of the time if they're in need of a few rounds for the range, or to hunt with, I just give it to them for nothing but a smile and a handshake.
    MANY members here can attest to that fact.

The phrase that I absolutely detest and loathe the most is " Cash is king "

The last time I heard the Lord Jesus Christ was King not some lousy dirty piece of paper that most everybody seems to worship these days.

All of you hoarders and gougers made your own bed, now lay in it.

Just don't ever expect any help from me or those like me that adhere to the same morals and values.
    We don't forget.
    Last edited by Thunderhead; 01-16-2021 at 02:19 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Shoot it and enjoy it.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puc View Post
    I would love to have you explain this Balrog, have you (or others for that matter) successfully shipped ammo? I had a real nice shipment all sold, boxed up, tagged with an "ORM" sticker and ready to go to its new owner. I knew for a fact that USPS wouldnt touch the stuff (or maybe that was where I went wrong? If you ship USPS I would love to hear that good news) so I called FedEx for a pickup.. My local FedEx guy shows up,, says I have to take it to HQ in GR.. I did that and was told I needed to apply for some kind of a Haz Mat status. Went home, stopped at UPS, basically told the same thing.. Perhaps I should not have mentioned to anyone I was shipping ammo like I was told by a local gun shop to do but I was not willing to take the risk of fooling with the feds.
    Get your shipping sorted out?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Get your shipping sorted out?
    I actually have nothing left to ship so for me, at this time, there is no reason to dig any further BUT, I really do appreciate all the info cause you never know. Besides, anyone else reading this will be happy to go back in this thread and find out where/how I went wrong and that shipping ammo is completely doable.. THANK YOU for correcting me my friend!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    Quote - joelansing "Should I sell my spare ammo, or keep hoarding it?
    So I have at least four thousand rounds of ammo I will never use. Should I sell it now, or wait for prices to go even higher? I feel like I'm playing the stock market I've got a lot of extra 12GA buckshot, 22lr, 9MM including JHP, 5.56, and other stuff. I'm a hoarder, not a prepper. I'm wanting to make a buck before ammo stocks replenish, but overcoming my hoarding tendencies is an issue. I feeling that not just Vista Outdoors, but PPU, S&B, Aguila, Barnual, and others will take up the slack on ammo supplies eventually. Ammo prices seem to be halfway decent on the Ammo For Sale on here. But on Gunbroker the prices are crazy. $45 a box for 9MM ball ammo is what it is selling for, and I've got 9BPLE. Not offers, actual bids. Should I sell on GB, wait for higher prices, or just keep hoarding it?
    - Joe "

To keep gouging or to wait and give them an even better screwing down the road. That is the question.

Ahhhhh the almighty dollar.

I have friends that cannot even take their kids rabbit hunting because they can't afford or even find birdshot.

I have nothing against making an honest buck and have done it my entire life, I don't consider what's going on right now honest in any way shape or form. And a lot of fellow gun guys agree with me, but are afraid or uncomfortable to say so publicly due to being chastised for it.

I'm entitled to my opinion just like everybody else. I'll stand up for it even if I stand alone.

I have not sold one single round above what I've paid for it and most of the time if they're in need of a few rounds for the range, or to hunt with, I just give it to them for nothing but a smile and a handshake.
    MANY members here can attest to that fact.

The phrase that I absolutely detest and loathe the most is " Cash is king "

The last time I heard the Lord Jesus Christ was King not some lousy dirty piece of paper that most everybody seems to worship these days.

All of you hoarders and gougers made your own bed, now lay in it.

Just don't ever expect any help from me or those like me that adhere to the same morals and values.
    We don't forget.
    Let me know if you need birdshot and what gauge. I see 12 and 20 all the time at the stores. I have some if a kid needs to go hunting. I am thinking aboout selling some ammo, but not there yet.
    I have given over 500 rounds of 9mm away in the past few months.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    From the op:
    of ammo I will never use.

Still wondering why he will never use it. If he has no gun for the caliber of ammo, well then ok. Otherwise why keep it around?
    I also wonder if the OP ever has come to read the comments here.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puc View Post
    I actually have nothing left to ship so for me, at this time, there is no reason to dig any further BUT, I really do appreciate all the info cause you never know. Besides, anyone else reading this will be happy to go back in this thread and find out where/how I went wrong and that shipping ammo is completely doable.. THANK YOU for correcting me my friend!
    Welcome, hope it helps! I seemed to read your post that you were stuck with some you were still trying to ship out as it was sold to someone far off-but I hope you resolved that too.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Donate it to us less fortunate

I am a Forum User
    wow, what a thread. Sorry, but it is not a happy go lucky, everyone be fair now world out there. you can panic and buy or you can hang tight. Last time I checked back in the fall, there were 15 MILLION NEW GUN OWNERS ! plus NRA members that read American Rifleman, know that there has been massive defense contracts going down at the same time. on a side note, some of these new owners actually voted for biden and are antifa/BLM race hustlers,btw !! Crazy eh???

If some one wants to pay a dollar a round for russian surplus or 9mm target ammo, that is their choice. Call the guy selling it a heathen all you want, wont change a thing.

I doubt a ammo, primer and powder ban will ever be allowed by the SCOTUS. Now brain dead biden and fineslime will try other rifle bans, thats for sure. But I would be more concerned about getting decent carbines while you can. and where there is money to be made, those manufacturers are going to cash in on it. so look for it to shift back down like it always has.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    [I]

The thing is I debunked this idea last time around under Obama. I offered 22 lr at old cost to anyone shooting it with their kid. All they had to do was bring the kid to the buy (and there is an outdoor range 3 miles from my house for them to go shoot at). Zero takers. Seems most of those crying about "the kids" were bluffing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast