Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 4616 of 2017
    Local government; other; prohibition of local ordinances dealing with pistols and other firearms; clarify penalties and provide for certain notices. Amends title of 1990 PA 319 (MCL 123.1101 - 123.1105) & adds secs. 4a, 4b & 4c.
    Last Action: 9/8/2017 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...6-D6D2CC6B.pdf
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    English please this is all Greek

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgperftest View Post
    English please this is all Greek
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...6-D6D2CC6B.pdf

I am a Forum User
    Skimming over it right now because it seems it just a way to increase the size of government local government State you know a make job program for the state and local or did i breeze over that too fast

Skimming over it right now because it seems it just a way to increase the size of government local government State you know a make job program for the state and local or did i breeze over that too fast
    I'd say you typed it too fast. Not too sure how the reading went.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I'd say you typed it too fast. Not too sure how the reading went.
    Put it real short it's a money generator for local governments in at the same time makes you a criminal of sometime

MGO Board of Directors

Put it real short it's a money generator for local governments in at the same time makes you a criminal of sometime
    It has nothing to do with generating money for local governments.

From the twice linked analysis:
    It would provide that, if a local unit of government enacts a gun control ordinance or regulation in opposition to state law:
    (1) the local unit of government must bring that ordinance or regulation into compliance within 60 days;
    (2) if it does not, a resident can bring an action or file a complaint with the Attorney General to bring an action, after 90 days' notice to the local unit; and
    (3) if the court finds a violation, it will issue an injunction to stop enforcement of the ordinance or regulation, order the local unit to repeal the ordinance or regulation, and award actual damages, costs, and reasonable attorney fees to the challenging party.

The court may also assess a civil fine against elected or appointed officials for knowingly and willfully enacting or enforcing an ordinance or regulation in violation of the Act.
    It simply gives a path of resolution AGAINST local units of government that thumb their noses at the preemption law already on the books.
    As it stands currently, we have numerous local units of government thumbing their noses at the preemption law with little/no repercussions short of losing in court when/if cases are brought against them such as MGO v AAPS (if won in appeal).
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    It has nothing to do with generating money for local governments.

From the twice linked analysis:

It simply gives a path of resolution AGAINST local units of government that thumb their noses at the preemption law already on the books.
    As it stands currently, we have numerous local units of government thumbing their noses at the preemption law with little/no repercussions short of losing in court when/if cases are brought against them such as MGO v AAPS (if won in appeal).
    Thanks Tom for clarifying that I read it too quick when I'm on the run on my iPhone

I am a Forum User
    Thanks Tom for clarifying that I read it too quick when I'm on the run on my iPhone
    You think this is going to pass for Michigan

MGO Board of Directors

You think this is going to pass for Michigan
    Personally? Nope. To much "influential" opposition to the bill already...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast