Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 6544 of 2022 - Prohibit possession or sale of "assault weapons"

HB 6544 of 2022
    Weapons: other; possession or sale of assault weapons; prohibit.
    Last Action: 12/1/2022 bill electronically reproduced 12/01/2022
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

This makes at least 3 bills placed in play as legislature will adjourn soon, and all of these should be sine die! They are so poorly written, and unconstitutional at the least.
    This Jeffrey Pepper character needs a few lessons on rights, and firearm construction, case in point:

Sec. 1. As used in this act, "assault weapon" means a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has 1 or more of the following characteristics:

(i) A pistol grip or thumbhole stock.

(ii) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand.

(iii) A folding or telescoping stock.

(iv) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel.
    Why would there be a "slide" on anything besides a pump?
    And what firearm does not have a forearm?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Everyone needs to email this stain.

Name:  Screenshot_20221202-194135_Chrome~2.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  94.8 KB

The rabidly anti gun Democrat government will pass any and all gun control they can on the Federal level, the State level, and even on the local level, regardless of how much it violates the Constitution because they know the only recourse is time consuming and very expensive court cases. One court case for each individual anti gun law. And by the time any court declares each law is unconstitutional that law will have been in effect long enough to enable the anti gunners to cause great damage to the 2nd Amendment.

In other words the anti gun Democrats will throw all kinds of crap at the wall knowing gun owners will not have the time nor be able to afford to clean all the crap off the wall so some of the anti gun stuff will stick. Not to mention the anti gun Democrats know gun owner's resources are limited but the anti gun Democrats have the entire wealth of the government to throw at those court cases.

So how do the supporters of the RKBA win? We don't! We haven't, not to any real extent (little victories here and there is just enough to satisfy gun owners) and we won't! ...until we stop complaining about each other and join together inundating the courts with cases that not only defend the RKBA but also bring suit (or recalls) against any politician that comes up with gun laws that go against the RKBA. Will that happen? Well.............. will it?
    Last edited by Bikenut; 12-02-2022 at 09:15 PM.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    This makes at least 3 bills placed in play as legislature will adjourn soon, and all of these should be sine die! They are so poorly written, and unconstitutional at the least.
    This Jeffrey Pepper character needs a few lessons on rights, and firearm construction, case in point:

Why would there be a "slide" on anything besides a pump?
    And what firearm does not have a forearm?

He’s doing it with intent. Virtually every long arm in existence has something that would qualify under that emphasized section. They purposefully want to reclassify all long arms as ‘assault weapons’ and therefore ban them.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    He’s doing it with intent. Virtually every long arm in existence has something that would qualify under that emphasized section. They purposefully want to reclassify all long arms as ‘assault weapons’ and therefore ban them.
    Well then it is a further screw up. The first part names and limits the term "assault weapon" to semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine. That leaves shotguns and fixed tube mags out of the term "assault weapon".

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Well then it is a further screw up. The first part names and limits the term "assault weapon" to semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine. That leaves shotguns and fixed tube mags out of the term "assault weapon".
    You don’t expect them to separate those kinds of details when they’re trying to subversively strip our rights do you?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    It's likely this will pass correct? Then what? It gets tied up in court?

I am a Forum User
    [QUOTE=GreaseMonkeySRT;3392491]Everyone needs to email this stain.

Email him and say what? FOAD? Do you think he cares one bit what I have to say?

I am a Forum User
    [QUOTE=DTrain;3392954]
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Everyone needs to email this stain.

Email him and say what? FOAD? Do you think he cares one bit what I have to say?
    No he probably doesn't. But several thousand emails might.

Or just throw in the towel, don't do anything, which is pretty much what the gun community always does. Then the community wonders why our rights are constantly eroded. No one will take 3-5 minutes to send an email.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast