Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Advertise With MGO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Weapons; other; purchase and possession of certain self-defense spray concentration; allow under certain circumstances. Amends sec. 224d of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.224d).
    Last Action: 2/14/2018 placed on third reading
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    We missed a little movement on this one:

2/7/2018 HJ 13 Pg. 204 reported with recommendation without amendment
    2/7/2018 HJ 13 Pg. 204 referred to second reading

It is out of committee and back to the house for voting.

This part is also interesting:

That part also kind of angers me. The MSP should not have any voice in law making. It is one thing to have an individual (who happens to be a cop) testifying, but having an MSP "representative" (a part of the Executive branch) regularly weighting in as "pro, neutral or con" is wrong.

Analysis as Reported From Committee (2/13/201 is a pretty good read.
    I posted this before: https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...yist/24324605/

Combined, the State Police and their union spent $640,220.90 lobbying from 2001 to 2015
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Weapons; other; purchase and possession of certain self-defense spray concentration; allow under certain circumstances. Amends sec. 224d of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.224d).
    Last Action: 2/15/2018 Passed by the House and transmitted

OK, who in the heck is the spray rights lobbyist and can we get him to work on gun rights?

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    OK, who in the heck is the spray rights lobbyist and can we get him to work on gun rights?
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Last Action: 2/20/2018 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
    At least they didn't send it to Meekhof to die. How does Jones handle these kinds of things?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Last Action: 3/5/2018 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-5220-L.pdf

MGO Member
    My son works at a state University and keeps a can of wasp spray on his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    My son works at a state University and keeps a can of wasp spray on his desk.
    #1 Wasp spray is not permitted for use in self defense. Using it in a manner inconsistent with its labeling is a punishable offense and a violation of federal law as stated directly on the canister's label
    #2 Wasp spray has not been tested on humans so the effects are unknown
    #3 Carrying wasp spray for self defense knowingly violates its intended purpose and demonstrates a willful violation of the law.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast