Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

The Importance of National Reciprocity

The Importance of National Reciprocity

By Jerry Henry
    Breitbart
    December 6th. 2017

The Second Amendment was written into the Constitution’s Bill of Rights in order for the citizens of the United States to have the ability to ward off all enemies, both foreign and domestic, including those of an overbearing government. Included is the ability to protect ourselves and our families from those wishing to harm us. And, the exercise of these rights should be available to citizens no matter where we travel throughout this great country. However, such is not the case in today’s world.

Today, unless you live in a particular state that has signed reciprocity agreements with other states, your right to defend yourself and/or your family may end at the state line. Let that sink in. When you cross a state line, you may lose your right to self-protection. States such as California, Delaware, and New York offer no reciprocity with any other state, leaving all nonresidents defenseless as soon as they cross over that imaginary state line. No other right is treated with such disdain.

I am a Forum User
    Yes yes yes. We all know reciprocity is important. But if you really look at it, you can still get screwed by those idiotic jurisdictions. They're still allowed to enforce the so-called high capacity mag bans which means if you want to travel through NY or Chicago or any other place like that, you have to go buy compliant equipment. It's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Yes yes yes. We all know reciprocity is important. But if you really look at it, you can still get screwed by those idiotic jurisdictions. They're still allowed to enforce the so-called high capacity mag bans which means if you want to travel through NY or Chicago or any other place like that, you have to go buy compliant equipment. It's stupid.
    I don't think so!

“(c) (1) A person who carries or possesses a concealed handgun in accordance with subsections (a) and (b) may not be arrested or otherwise detained for violation of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof related to the possession, transportation, or carrying of firearms unless there is probable cause to believe that the person is doing so in a manner not provided for by this section. Presentation of facially valid documents as specified in subsection (a) is prima facie evidence that the individual has a license or permit as required by this section.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I don't think so!
    Indeed... the legislation as passed by the House is supposed to grant us preemption from such overly restrictive laws in the local jurisdictions... I'll feel more confident in that once a few people from out of state get stopped and checked in NJ, while carrying hollow points in their pistols, and see if the get let loose to be on their way or not.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Indeed... the legislation as passed by the House is supposed to grant us preemption from such overly restrictive laws in the local jurisdictions... I'll feel more confident in that once a few people from out of state get stopped and checked in NJ, while carrying hollow points in their pistols, and see if the get let loose to be on their way or not.
    And then hopefully also get their legal fees reimbursed as the law requires.