Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Battle of the polymer wonders

So I’m highly considering getting a full size polymer gun to customize and make an absolute joy to shoot. I have a Shadow 2 and will be keeping it stock, but I’d like to get something I can customize and toss a red dot on and all that good stuff. Came here for the knowledge and opinions as far as aftermarket support goes, overall cost associated, recoil impulse etc etc

I figure a good place to start is Glock 34, M&P 5”, Springfield XDM 5” (might be 5.25 I don’t remember) and Sig P320. Could also consider a P80 and possibly (but not likely) the new Ruger Competition pistol. So, if you have something that you love that you’ve purchased or built, please drop your opinions below!

Thanks as always
    Corbs

Banned
    Can I recommend

q5 match steel frame
    Zev OZ9 (no need for suppressor height sights)

I am a Forum User
    Sig Legion XFive. No customization needed.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    Can I recommend

q5 match steel frame
    Zev OZ9 (no need for suppressor height sights)
    Good ideas, don’t love Walther though. I’ll look at the Zev

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Sig Legion XFive. No customization needed.
    What’s the fun in that? Haha. Good idea though, I’ll consider it for sure

Banned
    I love my oz9.

I love that my sights and my red dot are in normal places. I HATE suppressor height sights...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    I love my oz9.

I love that my sights and my red dot are in normal places. I HATE suppressor height sights...
    Just looked at it, and should clarify my budget haha. Not looking to go super spendy on this little project. Would love if everything altogether stayed under a grand. Might make it tricky but I feel like it’s still possible

I am a Forum User
    I went down this rabbit hole about 3 years ago with my XDM 5.25. I put on a Dawson thinner front sight, a powder river precision trigger kit, Tungston guide rod, stippled grip, and extended mag release. The gunsmith that put the trigger in really knew the inner workings of an XDM and by removing some of the striker mechanism and changing some trigger geometry the pull ends up being about 2.5#. I thought it was one of the nicest pistols I had shot until I picked up a metal frame gun. I then went out that day and ordered a metal frame gun. Since getting my metal frame gun, I may have put 300 rounds through the XDM in the past two years.

If I were you with a shadow 2, I would try to customize that with a trigger job and some other parts. I have shot many worked over Shadow 2s and every time I do, its hard not to buy one.

Sig P320 is the most customizable plastic gun on earth.
    This is the same gun after 34 seconds... Well, maybe 67 seconds including swapping the flat trigger...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansky2 View Post
    I went down this rabbit hole about 3 years ago with my XDM 5.25. I put on a Dawson thinner front sight, a powder river precision trigger kit, Tungston guide rod, stippled grip, and extended mag release. The gunsmith that put the trigger in really knew the inner workings of an XDM and by removing some of the striker mechanism and changing some trigger geometry the pull ends up being about 2.5#. I thought it was one of the nicest pistols I had shot until I picked up a metal frame gun. I then went out that day and ordered a metal frame gun. Since getting my metal frame gun, I may have put 300 rounds through the XDM in the past two years.

If I were you with a shadow 2, I would try to customize that with a trigger job and some other parts. I have shot many worked over Shadow 2s and every time I do, its hard not to buy one.
    Only reason I don’t want to mess with the CZ is so I can still shoot production with it as an out of the box gun. It’s completely stock aside from grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Sig P320 is the most customizable plastic gun on earth.
    This is the same gun after 34 seconds... Well, maybe 67 seconds including swapping the flat trigger...

P320 might not be a bad way to go. LGS does have the M17 in stock..

I am a Forum User
    Agree with the P320. I went X-Carry with a Romeo dot, Taran Tactical baseplates, Gray Guns trigger and a few other customizable goodies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast