Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Define overpay?

I paid as more for a house in lake Orion this year than I did for a house in Bloomfield hills in 2008..

Did I over pay or did the market dictate these are the prices of houses now?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by th3icecreamman View Post
    I am quite happy with my Century C39v2. Seems like a decent one for the price.
    This. I bought an american-made Century RAS47 last year, just for S&G, and because I wanted to own an AK. This gun is villified by the Eastern European AK fanboys on the AK forums as the incarnation of evil itself. They comically try to outdo each other to see who can say the absolute worst, vitriolic thing they can think of about this gun and Century in general. All I know is that the gun looks good, seems well-made, goes bang every time, is accurate, and has a great trigger. After close to 2000 rounds through it, the front trunion, although cast and not forged, shows no signs of wear or cracking, and the bolt appears as new with no signs of wear. Now I am no AK fanboy. It's fun to shoot now and then, and I can say I own an AK. But I am committed to my AR's and the AR platform.

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    Define overpay?

I paid as more for a house in lake Orion this year than I did for a house in Bloomfield hills in 2008..

All houses are not the same. Poor comparison. Even identical houses will have different values in different locations.
    It is not the same with identical, or even just similar non-real estate items.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    Define overpay?

Lake Orion is the up and coming place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by shlike View Post
    This. I bought an american-made Century RAS47 last year, just for S&G, and because I wanted to own an AK. This gun is villified by the Eastern European AK fanboys on the AK forums as the incarnation of evil itself. They comically try to outdo each other to see who can say the absolute worst, vitriolic thing they can think of about this gun and Century in general. All I know is that the gun looks good, seems well-made, goes bang every time, is accurate, and has a great trigger. After close to 2000 rounds through it, the front trunion, although cast and not forged, shows no signs of wear or cracking, and the bolt appears as new with no signs of wear. Now I am no AK fanboy. It's fun to shoot now and then, and I can say I own an AK. But I am committed to my AR's and the AR platform.
    Years ago I went to an informal skeet shoot. Everyone is rolling out their high-end over-unders, and a couple side-by-sides. The average price of shotgun at this event seemed to be in the $2500 and above range. First time I'd ever seen a Kreighoff up close.
    The guy who invited me was shooting a rig he had over $5000 invested in.

Then I un-case my old Westernfield 500, made by Mossberg, and became a laughingstock. I have been shooting that gun since I was 12, shoot it very well, and held my own against the guys with high end guns. But the stigma of my 'no name' gun still sticks with me. My gun was reviled because it wasn't trendy or expensive, but it did the same job as guns that cost ten times as much.

I'd buy the Century as well, and enjoy it.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Banned
    Sure, it's reliable.

But reliable doesn't matter when you have minute of barn accuracy. You can miss the target with 100% reliability.

AK's belong in the garbage can. ****** third world guns, for ****** third world people.

Name:  ak's belong.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  49.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Sure, it's reliable.

But reliable doesn't matter when you have minute of barn accuracy. You can miss the target with 100% reliability.

AK's belong in the garbage can. ****** third world guns, for ****** third world people.

Name:  ak's belong.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  49.1 KB

Factory built aks are pretty decent. Its the sights that are bad, but then the great mauser brothers used the same terrible sights.

What do you think the best a factory ak can do at 100 yards, just curious. Off the shelf barrel, custom trigger or stock, scoped.

What do you think a guy who has had it a few years can do ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    My gun was reviled because it wasn't trendy or expensive, but it did the same job as guns that cost ten times as much.

I'd buy the Century as well, and enjoy it.
    Why when you can buy a new production WASR 10 for the same price as a century build?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan09 View Post
    Why when you can buy a new production WASR 10 for the same price as a century build?
    Agreed, get a factory yugo or wasr10.

About the thread title, does anyone remember what a wasr 10 was in 2007. I wanna say early and mid year before election hype, they were 299 pretty common, trying to remember the dunhams ad special price was over 300, less than 400.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Agreed, get a factory yugo or wasr10.

About the thread title, does anyone remember what a wasr 10 was in 2007. I wanna say early and mid year before election hype, they were 299 pretty common, trying to remember the dunhams ad special price was over 300, less than 400.
    Right around $400 if I recall.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast