Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Outdoorama 2024 - February 21 - 25

It is once again time to call for volunteers to help MGO at Outdoorama, Feb 21 - 25, 2024 at The Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi, Michigan!

Here is the info on where to enter & directions to the booth, it's a little more of a walk to the booth then what we have been used to in the past. However, MGO booth #5523 is in the same place as it has for the past several years.

The entrance location for our booth staff it is Dock #4, this is where you will check in and pick up your badge to get into the show, it is on the north side of the building.
    Map of entrance:

For those that may not be familiar with this event, use this link to learn more - https://www.showspan.com/OUT/. We would like to encourage you to come on out and experience what we do in connecting with the public.

We hope that many of the new members will take the opportunity to participate in a real life MGO event and take this as their introduction to getting involved in the fight for our 2A rights by educating the public.

No experience necessary! We will make every attempt to have you working along side members that are veterans of this event and many other MGO events.

To those that may be wondering what you may be doing:

This year, we will be running a number of RAFFLES on SATURDAY. So, your job is EASY! People approach, perhaps ask questions to understand the raffles, but mostly, wanting to BUY TICKETS! The tickets pretty much sell themselves (but if you're good at upselling…"buying 2 tickets DOUBLES your chances of winning!", go for it!). Ask the interested party how many they'd like, collect the funds and make change (if necessary), have them fill out the tickets, collect the entry stubs…EASY!

Otherwise, it's mostly hanging out in the booth with fellow MGO folks and…if you'd like, talk to the public about why you think firearms and firearms safety are important, and try to help other pro-gun people who might need a little help to see through the lies we all hear on the news (e.g. you almost certainly will find yourself discussing how a .223 caliber modern sporting rifle is NOT really a fully automatic high powered military killing machine).

Nobody will be asked to do anything beyond their ability, we will work within your comfort level: if you are comfortable with public speaking, Great! If not, that's OK too and we can still find a place for you. You may even find out that you're good at speaking with total strangers about your favorite guns and swapping stories! MGO also sells memberships and MGO branded items at the event (shirts, hats, etc), so if you are comfortable doing sales we can absolutely use your help!

Volunteers will earn shift credits for helping with this event! This is a great opportunity to earn a 1yr. full membership by working a minimum of 1 shift. And you also get into the show for free, so you can browse the floor before/after your shift.

If anyone has questions please send me a pm and I will take care of you.

If you would like to volunteer, feel free to post the shift # you would like to work here in this thread and please send me a pm with your phone number to help coordinate things.

Any questions from new or veteran volunteers about this year's event, Please send me a pm.

Set-up Day

Wednesday February 21 12pm~4pm

Shift #

#1- 12pm~4pm
    PhotoTom (bringing trailer)
    Ed Hoffman
    Cyborghunter
    Garymac
    Executioner
    matt11

ShowDates

Thursday February 22 1pm~8pm

Shift #

#2 -12:00~4:00
    Apostle1986
    Executioner
    Garymac
    Mr. Waverly

#3 - 4:00 ~ 8pm
    jrnymn
    Executioner
    Garymac
    Mr. Waverly
    ButtahMoose

Friday February 23 -12pm ~ 8:00pm
    Shift #

#4 -11:30~4:00
    Garymac
    matt11
    truckerdave397
    open

#5 - (Combined into #4 & #6 due to new hours)

#6 - 3:30~8:00
    jrnymn
    Garymac
    matt11
    open

Saturday February 24 - RAFFLE DAY! -10am ~ 8pm
    Shift #

#7 – 9:30 ~1:30
    Cyborghunter (Raffle Chairman)
    Jackam (Raffle Co-Chairman)
    jrnymn
    Kilt Guy
    Mr. Waverly
    Garymac

#8 -12:00 pm ~ 4pm
    jrnymn
    Kilt Guy
    sca037
    40calgal
    Mr. Waverly
    Garymac

#9 -4:00 pm ~8pm
    jrnymn
    Kilt Guy
    Mr. Waverly
    Garymac

Sunday February 25 – 10am ~5pm
    Shift #

#10 - 9:30~1:30
    matt11
    open
    open
    open

#11 – 1:30pm~5:00 + pack up time (open ended)
    matt11
    open
    open
    open
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 02-21-2024 at 09:04 AM.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Darn it. We are going to be out of town. I really enjoy doing this show.

I can help with set up
    Shift 1

ED HOFFMAN

Account Closed Forum User
    I can't help out at the show, but can donate some items for a raffle if you would like.

MGO Board of Directors

Put me down for shifts 7, 8 & 9.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Chef View Post
    I can't help out at the show, but can donate some items for a raffle if you would like.
    Thank you for the offer!

We raffle firearms that are supplied by a FFL that is onsite all day to complete the transfers, so as far as these raffles are concerned, I think we are all set, but again, thank you for the offer!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

40calgal and I would like to work shift #8.
    NRA Life Member + RSO
    OCSC Member (full)
    HGC Member (associate)

Outdorama volunteering

I've enjoyed it so much in prior years, I'll do it again.

I'll be there for shifts 3 and 6 as soon as I can get there after work, as well as shifts 7,8 and 9.

I should be able to work shift #2, and most of #3. I'm not sure about Friday, so if I can, I will let you know.

Edit for an update:

And, just like that, my schedule has changed, so I will not be able to attend Thursday or Friday. I am hoping to be there Saturday, but no guarantees at this point, however.
    Last edited by Mr. Waverly; 02-10-2024 at 10:01 AM.

I could either do Shift 2 or 4 whichever you prefer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast