Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    the problem guys is he's talking about the city of GRAND RAPIDS the lady is lying, but how she's lying is that it will take much... MUCH longer... i went through this a few months ago... it was 6 weeks before i stoped calling asking for my permit... (never did get one) i now have my cpl, so *** em all... but the city of GR feels they can do what they want...

I am a Forum User
    Brother in law Walked into the Kent county Sheriff just outside of GR (84th and Kalamazoo) took 5 minutes,Now you do want to get there early because there could be a line and they are only there 2 days a week now.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kingd33
    Brother in law Walked into the Kent county Sheriff just outside of GR (84th and Kalamazoo) took 5 minutes,Now you do want to get there early because there could be a line and they are only there 2 days a week now.
    the op lives in grand rapids, therefore must get his permit through grand rapids... not kent county... now if his address was outside of the city limits in one of the areas serviced by kent county police, then yes he could do that.

I am a Forum User
    It takes me a whole 5-10mins to get one in mason, im 20 and I have needed to get 3 over the last 2 years...no problems. I think im gonna need another one in a few days here

Same thing happened to me,when I was 29 I went to get a pistol permit and was denied because I was showing a domestic violence charge that I had when I was 17 and it was supposed to be expunged.I guess the charge looked funny or had little notes on it that the police department worker thought looked strange so she actually took the time to call the courthouse,ask what was up,they said it was supposed to be expunged 11 years previous and the courthouse fixed it on the spot,the police dept worker reran the background check 5 min later and it gave me the all clear.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by phatjbikerdude
    the op lives in grand rapids, therefore must get his permit through grand rapids... not kent county... now if his address was outside of the city limits in one of the areas serviced by kent county police, then yes he could do that.
    I did not know that,I thought it was a county/state thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kingd33
    I did not know that,I thought it was a county/state thing.
    I think it can vary from county to county,like for me,I live at one end of Midland county,and we have a county PD,yet I have to drive 15 miles into the Midland city PD to get a purchase permit,it's the only way here.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatoth
    I think it can vary from county to county,like for me,I live at one end of Midland county,and we have a county PD,yet I have to drive 15 miles into the Midland city PD to get a purchase permit,it's the only way here.
    It only varies by jurisdiction. If you are within the city limits of a city that has a PD, you get it at the PD. If your town, township, whatever has no PD, you get it at the county sheriff.

There is no such thing a a county PD, so don't confuse that with the sheriff.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I am a Forum User

Cool

In Garden City took 5 min.

MGO Member
    And those people think they are law ENFORCEMENT!!!!

Absolutely amazing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast