Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

.45ACP Federal Ammo recall notice

wow I have a bunch of WM5233. So what am I supposed to do with it?

EDIT: Close one. I just noticed the lot numbers. whew!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusexige
    wow I have a bunch of WM5233. So what am I supposed to do with it?

EDIT: Close one. I just noticed the lot numbers. whew!
    contact federal and they'll take care of it.

Account Closed
    I recently purchased four boxes of Federal Champion .45ACP. This is the strange part...one of the four boxes is slightly larger than the other three, for the exact same ammo. It's about 1/4" longer, and 1/4" wider. The lot number on the larger box is not included in the recall. The other three smaller boxes have no lot number anywhere on the box, inside, or out, or on the plastic tray.

I have a call into Federal, waiting for a response.

Let me know what they say. I have one box that doesn't have a lot number any where either.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC
    I recently purchased four boxes of Federal Champion .45ACP. This is the strange part...one of the four boxes is slightly larger than the other three, for the exact same ammo. It's about 1/4" longer, and 1/4" wider. The lot number on the larger box is not included in the recall. The other three smaller boxes have no lot number anywhere on the box, inside, or out, or on the plastic tray.

I have a call into Federal, waiting for a response.

i am waiting on a call back from federal as well... same question, the smaller boxes have no (0) lot number stamped

i have 6 boxes of the smaller, and 2 of the larger

I am a Forum User

recall

call them up

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMMIN' OUT OF MY MOUTH ?

LOL, we did call... got message stating to leave a message and they would return our call... 3 days now and no call back.... i did go to the range yesterday and shot the two boxes that did have lot numbers on them, and all was fine (they were not on the list) as for my other 6 boxes... well i dunno

I am a Forum User
    From what I have found the smaller boxes are small primer. I have a couple hundred rounds of the larger boxes and had 3 of the smaller, I went shooting earlier this week and shot 2 of the 3 with no issues, same thing though they are not marked with a lot number.

Another weird thing, while I was at the range and talking with other people, a guy asked me a question because he was shooting federal too. In the box that he bought, a couple of the rounds had the OAL way to short, the bullet had been seated in the casing about 1/8 inch too deep. I am not sure when he bought them but he told me it was from walmart which is where i had picked up all of mine. Anyone else ran into this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast