Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Israel and Switzerland bot have higher gun ownership per capita, and less murders per capita (Both have 1/6th that of the USA).

Gun ownership correlation is not causation for murder.

As the professor continues the rant, the argument gets stupider and stupider.

"closing the gun show loophole" is a meaningless statement.
    Most of the guns used in Mexican crime cartels are of the sort that are already illegal to obtain here in the States. Further, of those that WERE obtained from here in the states were those that the ATF purposefully allowed (though that's questionably legal, of course).
    "assault weapon and large clip" - ignoring the misuse of terminology, arguing that one could have used a "worse" gun but didn't is an empty argument.
    The weaponry the tuscon shooter had was of the same sort most people carry day-to-day, including officers. He had, wait for it, a Glock 9mm.
    Finally, there are still states that allow concealed carry on campus, and with sizable institutions, as well.

MGO Member
    The arguments this person presents at this point are honestly ridiculous.

I read it and my thought was literally "how can someone be this stupid".

To say "that policemen are not against people having firearms for self-defense and hunting does not mean they are in favor of concealed carry on campuses;"

is the dumbest point ever.

Regardless of the fact that gun CONTROL laws would just steer the power towards criminals who obtain guns illegally, we should focus on gun control laws though.

I want to just beat her with a frying pan at this point.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave
    The 50 pound dumbbell is a very sensitive issue to me, lol.

It sucks having to go from 45 to 60 with no in between at all, since they do not have a 55 either.

however, something else bothers me about this.

first, Firespec, do you work for wsu pd or detroit pd? I had a few questions, would love to ask u.

second.

tuition every semester at wayne includes the rec center and omnibus fee, both optional services but not optional to pay for. they total 100 dollars (25 for gym 75 for bus).

The student size at wayne (graduate + undergrad + all others) is over 40,000 from what I last heard. I used 40,000 as the base number to err on the short side.

that means that off gym and bus fees (both optional, services mind you), they make greater than 4,000,000/semester. Spring/summer is usually grouped as one semester, so that would mean $12,000,000 in just gym/bus fees, neither of which cost even 10% of that to operate. The bus seats about 10 people and literally does a lap around the campus perimeter. The gym hours arent even that late/early.

between 12 million a year, just off those 2 services alone, they cannot justify more training drills like the one mentioned or more campus cops?
    Actually I'm a paramedic. We work closely with WSUPD since we do the standbys for basketball, football, women's hockey and anything else training staff wants. We stood by for officer safety during the drill in case anyone got actually hurt. We are pretty close to a lot of the guys especially 1 lt that was part of the coordination so we were asked to stay for the pd debrief which was after the victim debrief. I will help you with anything I can ask away

MGO Member
    one of the guys who I contacted about it, who is an integral part of WSU PD,
    said they are having a huge discussion on open carry and student concealed carry, Im dying to know whats being discussed lol.

I am a Forum User
    Unless they are talking in board meetings or some other closed door meeting, you can always ask?

The arguments this person presents at this point are honestly ridiculous.

I read it and my thought was literally "how can someone be this stupid".

To say "that policemen are not against people having firearms for self-defense and hunting does not mean they are in favor of concealed carry on campuses;"

is the dumbest point ever.

Regardless of the fact that gun CONTROL laws would just steer the power towards criminals who obtain guns illegally, we should focus on gun control laws though.

I want to just beat her with a frying pan at this point.
    I don't know what else you would expect. I have met several Wayne State teaching staff members in social situations and without exception have found them to be extreme in their leftist philosophy and constantly vocal about their hatred of anything smacking of Conservatism, Republicanism or personal responsibility.
    I never try to change their opinion or argue with them. But I throw the occasional zinger out during their tirades that makes them look foolish.
    They usually then go off on a tangent about how the honest Democrats are working for the people and the Republicans are working for the man.
    So I ask them of the whereabouts of Kwame Kilpatrick, Monica Conyers,and the former Governor of Illinois. And I tell tell that If they are offering a choice of choosing between the Republicans and Democrats as the only option of choosing between good and evil that they are intellectually stunted.
    And I tell them that I have no faith in politicians. Then they just write me off as an equally hated believer in a Supreme being.
    Last edited by cantpickone; 04-21-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    NRA Benefactor Member

MGO Member
    I ran into a guy at the gym who's taking a few of the same courses as me, and turns out he works for wsu. I openly asked him about being part of the group, asked if he's shot a gun, etc. So I invited him out to the range with me next weekend, may possibly have found a student sponsor.

man-date for the win? lmao.

I am a Forum User
    I ran into a guy at the gym who's taking a few of the same courses as me, and turns out he works for wsu. I openly asked him about being part of the group, asked if he's shot a gun, etc. So I invited him out to the range with me next weekend, may possibly have found a student sponsor.

man-date for the win? lmao.
    Hilarious. We do what we have to don't we?

MGO Member Forum User
    Al, we have talked previously on facebook and MGO, i too am a student as well as an thlete at WSU and I may have a few suggestions as to a Faculty admin. for a chapter leader.... try to email Stephan White in the Criminal Justice department, he is an Ex detroit cop and one of the best profs I have had there. Also Rebecca Mahfouz was my communications prof and she is a gun owner. her class is the one I gave my concealed carry on campus speech to for my persuasive speech, and she was very receptive. Finally i dont know if coaches can be a rep or not but I can also talk to a couple of a coaches to see if they would be interested, let me know what you think!

MGO Member
    Point out to her that carry, campus. is going on now on quite a few campusses and dont seem to be problems.

That is the same line of thinking that goes on in Chicago and infects the entire state of Illinois. "As we heard some years ago from Jennie-"there will be blood in the streets etc". Jennie did later say she was wrong-to her credit.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast