Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD
    Strange all the questions being asked from CPL holders as to how they can carry. Were they sleeping in class?
    I think you give to much credit to some of the teachers out there. I learned more from my buddies cpl class (things he told me) than my own.

I am a Forum User
    i dunno about the OP
    he has 4 posts but his history only shows this one...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tech2b9
    Is this a joke?
    ???

I am a Forum User
    Come on guys! There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

I am a Forum User

Cool

what did you say i was sleeping, i should have paid attention
    this guy cant be serious ,hell its even legal to open carry in most places
    someone needs to do some homework

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I haven't posted here before, but have to add that just because someone took a cpl course doesn't mean it was actually useful. I took one and yes I paid attention through the whole thing.

I've been around long guns my whole life, but the hand gun thing was new to me, so I took the NRA basic safety course first (which was very good for me even though most was a refresher) I went to the range and practiced for a few months then I took the cpl course..... what a disaster. Half of the class had never shot a handgun before, the first 1/2-1/3 was basically just the basic pistol course all over again (which I thought people should already know but it had some stumped) I had a lady next to me grab the plastic practice pistol with both thumbs behind the slide to which my buddy promptly corrected her.

I always thought that the cpl course was for people who actually had shot before but I guess I was wrong. I've learned a lot more from people I know, one of whom has all the prerequisites for teaching the course but hasn't been certified yet, about the laws, and what to do/not do. I just needed that piece of paper.

I am a Forum User
    When I took the course July the year it finally became law, my instructor stated in his ad for the the class that you MUST be somewhat knowledgeable with handguns or you couldn't take the class. Don't know back then if that was HIS rule or the legal rule. 2 people raised their hands when asked if anyone had never fired a handgun before and were then dismissed. It should still be the rule. CPL instructors should NOT be teaching anyone the functions of a firearm nor the use of one. Safety, sure, but not how.

I am a Forum User
    I also had to endure a dumbed down cpl course. The majority of individuals there had also never fired a gun. The range time was the worst part. The guy in the lane next to mine didn't know how to load a semi-auto pistol. There was another guy who got bit pretty bad by his slide, and a woman who couldn't hit the target until it was moved to about 20 feet away. To say I was leary of getting plugged at anytime would be an understatement.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler
    I know that, I was saying that it wasn't the only perk of having a cpl. He can carry it also.
    I understood you.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast