Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You shouldn't have to polish the feedramp or anything else on a new gun. You're doing the manufacturer's work for them, for free. Back in the old days, the better makers tried for a 0% return rate. Now, they are just about all run by beancounters. They determine how much time is required for final fitting vs. how many would actually be returned for repairs. Since most people just b*tch but never return the gun, they come out ahead that way.

Account Closed Forum User
    Ruger will polish it for free ,just call them ,complain ,and they'll send a pre-paid shipper out . Should you have to complain ? No . It took me 5 minutes to polish the ramp and chamber ,less time than I would have spent on the phone .

I am a Forum User
    All the polishing in the world will not correct the ills caused by limp wristing an LCP.

Just sayin'.....

I am a Forum User
    After reading this article, it made me think about my factory springs. The end of the outer spring that pushes against the guide rod is flared out. I don't think it should be that way.

I could probably call Ruger and get a replacement, but does anyone recommend going the gunsprings.com route instead?

FYI - I have 500 rds through with no problems at all, right out of the box. No fluff, no buff.

Yes, Polishing the feed ramp and replacing the recoil spring should make the LCP function better..

You might want to call ruger and they should take care of it for you...
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetplane19
    After reading this article, it made me think about my factory springs. The end of the outer spring that pushes against the guide rod is flared out. I don't think it should be that way.

I could probably call Ruger and get a replacement, but does anyone recommend going the gunsprings.com route instead?

FYI - I have 500 rds through with no problems at all, right out of the box. No fluff, no buff.
    I believe they are supposed to be flared from the factory and only go in one way or you will have problems

I am a Forum User
    I am going to go the route of polishing myself & changing the springs. I would rather not have to send it back to Ruger if there is something I can accomplish at home in under 30 minutes.

Just because I live in Ferndale does not mean I limp wrist my LCP or anything else!

I am a Forum User
    Personally, I'd trade it in on an NAA Guardian in .380.

I have an objection to massaging a new gun to make it work right. That's what the manufacturer was supposed to do.

My NAA has always functioned 100%.

IIRC the Guardian is out of production , and is heavy metal ,which some like ,some like light .

I am a Forum User
    I was at the Lapeer Gravel Pit one day with 2 guys shooting their LCP's. One had changed the Springs, one had not. Guess which one was having issues?

I shot the one with replaced springs that day and was still not impressed. For a .380, I went with a Sig Sauer P238 HDW and never looked back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast