Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    depending on class,Mossberg 590 A1 or Benelli M4
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

I am a Forum User
    The most common shotgun at major 3-Gun matches is the M2. The FN and 1100 are not far behind in popularity, followed by the 930. Like I said in a previous post, I shoot an FN. It's a great gun. Very reliable. In my opinion, it is on par with the M2, just a little heavier. I like the weight because it helps mitigate recoil for follow-up shots. The design of the 1100 (that dreaded o-ring) leaves the door open for malfunctions if not properly maintained. My vote, M2 or FN.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman821
    The most common shotgun at major 3-Gun matches is the M2. The FN and 1100 are not far behind in popularity, followed by the 930. Like I said in a previous post, I shoot an FN. It's a great gun. Very reliable. In my opinion, it is on par with the M2, just a little heavier. I like the weight because it helps mitigate recoil for follow-up shots. The design of the 1100 (that dreaded o-ring) leaves the door open for malfunctions if not properly maintained. My vote, M2 or FN.
    Bird can SHOOT! He rocks that FN pretty good.....

I am a Forum User
    Does anyone have a preference for barrel length?

My M4 is 18.5"
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Realtree
    Does anyone have a preference for barrel length?
    For 3 gun games, capacity is king. Whatever max capacity your class allows you to shoot will determine the mag tube length. You just want a barrel long enough to meet that mag tube length.

I am a Forum User
    You want to have the ability to at least 9 round in the gun. You either want that in 8+1 or 9+0 because many major matches require an empty chamber start. After the buzzer, most major matches don't have capacity requirements. For example, I run my FN with a +2 extension. At the buzzer I start with 9 in the tube. After that, I have the ability to load up to 11 rounds (10+1) in the gun. The extra capacity makes it easier to plan out your reloads during the course of fire. Don't be worried if the mag tube sticks out past the barrel. Mine sticks out about 4" past the chokes. If you look at the rate at which the pellets expand, you can actually afford to be well over 15" past the end of the barrel (be prepared to clean some lead and powder residue off it). I believe Miculek ran something really long on his 930 recently. All in all, a barrel around 20" is all you need. It's more important to get a barrel that allows you to change chokes out in the middle of a match. You'll want to be able to go from IC/SK to an IM depending on the distance of the targets. Hope this helps.

PS - Mr. Rivero, you're too kind. Now that I have my name on my shirt I have to get good enough to get my name on my pants

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys for al the info!

I am a Forum User
    Bird, you using your sponsor's optics yet? I figure if they're putting jersey's on you guys, you should probably use their gear!

I am a Forum User
    Haha You're killin' me Rivero!! If it wasn't for the fact the my EoTech is a 1MOA dot and the Vortex is a 4MOA dot, I would switch. A 10" target at 400 yards look mighty small already, covering it with a dot that takes up 16" at that distance doesn't really help... lol. I'm actually going to try to switch to Tac Optics, if I can get one of their 1-4x PRTS scopes.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast