Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joelansing
    My normal standbys of #3 or #4 buck, Hi-cap 9MM, or maybe 223 are loud! One shot indoors and your alarm is ringing for a long time. Several shots would cause permenent damage for sure. Are there good suppressed options using sub-sonic ammo? Maybe something like a slow 147gr 9MM in a Hi-Point carbine?
    Maybe even just a subsonic 00-Buck with no suppressor?
    - Joe
    Are you going to be able to compensate for the extra length and weight a suppressor adds? How about the fact that it is a nice place to grab on to disarm a person? Etc.

I shot a full magazine of 40 S&W from a Glock without hearing protection about 12 years ago and my hearing has remained the same according to hearing tests.

I would worry more about muscle memory, instinctive shooting, and having the correct personal protection ammo ready to go.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugg
    With all the guys I see who didn't wear earpro in iraq, I don't worry as much as I used to.

You could always buy those electronic earpro that kick on when a sound over a certain decibel is present. .

These don't help with the issue. I never had ear pro in iraq and now have a great set of hearing aids. To be honest though I was a ground guy for 20 years so it was more than the war, however gunfights outside are loud, a few shots inside is insane.

On the ear muffs the problem is that I share a home with four others, I don't want them to lose hearing at all because when it's gone it's gone.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget
    My biggest concern would be court. If I had to defend myself with lethal force with an NFA item, I would be worried the prosecution could use it against you. For instance, "he used a silencer to (attempt to) murder my client." A good shoot is still a good shoot, but they will throw anything at you. I believe a guy was convicted in AZ for using 10mm? That is probably internet legend but I wouldn't put it past prosecution or jury.

Maybe someone smarter than me could chime in.
    He used a silencer vs he used a gun. I dont really see the difference.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234