Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bullet falls from sky, goes through 8-yr-old's foot

An 8-year-old boy was lucky to have no bone or tendon damage after a bullet fell from the sky on New Year's Eve in Jacksonville, Florida.

[YOUTUBE]dWiQX7pj6ws[/YOUTUBE]
    Accept Climate Change: ADAPT!!!

Heard a lot of that in my neighborhood New Years eve, IDIOTS!!!
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    MGO
    NRA
    NAGR
    USAF(Retired)

Probably not just a fall from the sky. Terminal velocity would be far less than the force needed for this damage.

Likely it was fired at a 45 degree angle or more and hit the kid.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I am a Forum User

MGO Member
    OUCH!!!!! That sure must have held. So listen up out there. Don't go shooting your guns in the air like some groups I know of in the Middle East with rags on their heads. Just be careful out there. A good reason why none of us want to attrack the liberal media for.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by who dat
    Probably not just a fall from the sky. Terminal velocity would be far less than the force needed for this damage.

So the girl that was killed with the head injury from a falling bullet didn't really happen?

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux
    So the girl that was killed with the head injury from a falling bullet didn't really happen?
    Cite? I don't know the details of the one. This one said the bullet fell out of the sky.

Notice I used the word LIKELY in my post.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I`m pretty sure most bullets are not fired straight up, and have some arc to their travel. It is true however a falling bullet fired straight up comes back pretty weakly. The army did a study once on this and found a 30-06, 180gr bullet, with a muzzle vel of 2700 fps retruned to the ground at 457 fps if it "turned over" at its peak falling nose 1st, (most likely if fired at less then a 90* angle) and 323 fps if it dropped base first (shot straight up).
    This is about twice the velocity of a fast pitched baseball or what Hornady claims a 180gr Xtp .40 cal bullet fired at 950 fps will have at ~1000 tds (BC 0.164). The drop at this point would be 3429".
    It could possibly be fatal if the person was unlucky enough to take it in a soft spot, but more likely the girl was shot from a good distance and the bullet was not "falling", but in its trajectory arc.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Cite? I don't know the details of the one. This one said the bullet fell out of the sky.

Notice I used the word LIKELY in my post.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UQhv5vXLPKc

I am a Forum User
    MythBusters did a show on this out in the desert
    [YOUTUBE]TDB838Vi6hw[/YOUTUBE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast