Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Not everyone looks there.... something as important at this should be more places.

Quote Originally Posted by backhandman
    Not everyone looks there.... something as important at this should be more places.
    Do you see the contradiction in your statement?

What makes this bill more (or less) important than any other bill listed in Legislative Lighthouse? Is this more important than removing CEZ's, Pistol caliber rifles in the shotgun zone?

If bills were important to people, then the people would be looking where all of the bills are posted. It should be there (it isn't yet), then people would know WHERE to look for it. It is a thread about a bill, and a duplicate at that, it should be where all the rest are.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

S.B. 0610 SBR/SBS

SB 0610 of 2013
    Weapons; firearms; manufacture, possession, or transfer of certain short-barreled shotguns or rifles; allow. Amends sec. 224b of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.224b).
    Last Action: 10/9/2013 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

I am a Forum User
    So, this bill would allow us to own one but not transfer it? I'm at work, couldn't read the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Walther
    So, this bill would allow us to own one but not transfer it? I'm at work, couldn't read the whole thing.
    No it basically brings us in line with Federal law. Fill out the form, pay $200, wait 6 months, then you can bring your new toy home.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    The bill is being fast-tracked and is up for a committee vote on 10/15
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer
    Do you see the contradiction in your statement?

What makes this bill more (or less) important than any other bill listed in Legislative Lighthouse? Is this more important than removing CEZ's, Pistol caliber rifles in the shotgun zone?

If bills were important to people, then the people would be looking where all of the bills are posted. It should be there (it isn't yet), then people would know WHERE to look for it. It is a thread about a bill, and a duplicate at that, it should be where all the rest are.
    It's not necessarily more important in general, but it is likely more important to people interested in SBRs who are more likely to be here than in the legislative lighthouse.

I am a Forum User
    MGO's Grassroots should be ALL over this. Officially.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967
    Just emailed my Senator.

Your turn!
    http://www.senate.michigan.gov/membe...memberlist.htm
    Just emailed my RINO.
    Last edited by Pyzik; 10-10-2013 at 02:54 PM.

MGO Member
    Called Sen. Kahn's office, he is a pro gun guy.

MGO Member
    The thing that sucks is that while my state senator is an Colbeck (R), my state rep is Slavens (D). Not that I think it will make a difference, but can someone type up an eloquent and articulate letter supporting passage of SBR/SBS that might sway a democrat?

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast