Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9mm Carbine Purchase?

Considering a 9mm carbine purchase and would appreciate thoughts / opinions on two models…The two companies that have caught my attention are Lone Wolf and Just Right Carbines. Anybody have any experience with either of these firearms?
    Value loyalty above all else!

I am a Forum User
    Dig deeper into the Lone Wolf, if you are interested in a AR57 (upper) option as well, it's a very neat cartridge to have 50 to 100 rounds of low recoil fun.

If you want a 45 acp, then you'll have to go with JR (obviously you said 9mm) just pointing out a difference.

With lone wolf you can have 1 lower, and 2 or 3 or more uppers and change calibers how I understand it. "Receiver accepts Glock magazines 9/40/357/45 GAP only"

Thank you Jetttstream I appreciate your input. Perhaps I should be more clear in my question.. I am looking to purchase my first carbine…Given there are a few companies that are building AR lowers with wells that accept Glock magazines it makes good economic sense in my eyes. (I’ve been shooting Glocks for many years). I also feel that a pistol caliber carbine makes for great fun, and easier shooting for all my Family members. Plus it’s another reasonable home defense option. What I find myself questioning is the quality, reliability, and ease of maintenance of the products coming from firearm companies that I’m not familiar with.
    Last edited by kbayless3; 01-12-2015 at 08:57 AM.

I have a Colt 6450 9mm and a Rock River A2 9mm Both are excellent. I have no expreience with either you mentioned.
    Mike Z.

Account Closed
    Olympic Arms makes a nice 9mm AR.

I am a Forum User
    I have a JR carbine, in 9mm /glock mag.. Being a lefty... I like the way I can set it to
    southpaw" mode...

run KCI, GLOCK and other mags thru it... and most work fine... a few issues with the DRUM... but I have that
    same issue with a glock... so its the drum...

Mine seems to be finicky with wussy loads.. ( 115 and lower ..) but is pretty reliable with 124 and 147 grain factory and reloads.

I like the fact I can use aftermarket AR ambi safety on it... and the trigger as well. nothing propitiatory , weird or such..

it a bit on the heavy side ( for a 9mm carbine that is.. compared to a Kelteck sub2000 for example.. )

I like it. runs fine if feed right...

I am a Forum User
    If building is an option for you, these have a good (albeit short) reputation for quality. http://www.qcircle10.com/

Planning on ordering a Colt lower tonight, if my money is right!

Google for some good reading on arfcom.

I have a Hi-Point 995 TS and could not be happier with it. It comes with a life-time transferable warranty and the price is real hard to beat. You can easily pick one up for about 300 bucks new depending on the bells and whistles that you put on it. It is also incredibly accurate, I shoot silhouettes at 200 meters off hand with no problem. On the down side the magazine capacity is only 10 rounds but everything else more than makes up for it. I have also found it to be very reliable. I've put 2400 rounds through mine and not a single issue.

If you check out the pawn shops you can often get one for 200 dollars or less. The condition of the gun does not matter if you find a beater that needs work but is super cheap as you can always send it in to the factory which is located in Ohio. They turn things around there incredibly fast. I sent in a handgun once and the total turnaround time including shipping both ways was 7 days. They even gave me a free mag for my troubles.

Thank you everyone...lot's to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by MI-1911 View Post
    Olympic Arms makes a nice 9mm AR.
    I have oly "pistol" uppers in 9mm and .45ACP. They run well, even full auto, and require no modifications to the lower. I'm pretty happy with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast