Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Woodhaven Police Will Teach Children Gun Safety Through Safety Town

Woodhaven is a southern suburb of Detroit, halfway between Detroit and the Monroe County line along I-75. This looks like it has some potential:

https://www.thenewsherald.com/2023/0...h-safety-town/

Woodhaven police will teach children key lessons through Safety Town
    By Jackie Martin | June 2, 2023

It seems potential danger lurks around every corner for children, and the Woodhaven Police Department has a plan to keep them safe just about everywhere.

Woodhaven Safety Town is also just around the corner and it has been designed by the police department to teach children attending kindergarten in the fall about stranger danger, and fire, pet, bus and playground safety.

Other topics addressed will be bicycle, internet and gun safety.

Safety Town will be held from 10 a.m. to noon July 31 to Aug. 11.

The cost is $55 for residents and $60 for nonresidents.

Registration is open for residents until June 30 and others can register beginning July 1.

Participants can register online at Woodhavenmi.org or in person at the Woodhaven Community Center, located at 23101 Hall Road.

And MGO offers Project Childsafe seminars, or at least we used to. This would be a good thing to promote at all these "gun safety" rallies that are popping up.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I got a ticket in that craphole by some bored cop for doing 80 on I-75 at 2AM with barely any traffic. It is nice to see that they're doing this though, but I avoid it as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    This would be a good thing to promote at all these "gun safety" rallies that are popping up.
    The problem with that is they just want to complain about guns. I'm pretty sure they'd pass pretty quickly on actual solutions and anything other than a complete ban, because in their minds guns are the enemy.

Allen Park schools is also offering Safety Town for their students that will be attending kindergarten in the fall. It is in August but I do not have a link.

I am a Forum User
    And MGO offers Project Childsafe seminars, or at least we used to. This would be a good thing to promote at all these "gun safety" rallies that are popping up.
    Never heard of MGO kid classes. Where are they put on?
    Last edited by twofeathers; 06-14-2023 at 08:13 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by twofeathers View Post
    Never heard of MGO kid classes. Where are they put on?
    Does anyone know where the MGO kid safety classes are at?

I know MGO makes these seminars available for presentation for any organization, but I don't recall anyone taking us up on this in the recent past. Perhaps PhotoTom or one of the other more knowledgeable members can check in with more information.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    It’s about time schools started following Michigan state laws.
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(2k3...e=mcl-380-1163

I am a Forum User
    I know MGO makes these seminars available for presentation for any organization, but I don't recall anyone taking us up on this in the recent past. Perhaps PhotoTom or one of the other more knowledgeable members can check in with more information.

So you're saying MGO only does the class if asked to?

I would think there being a "need" to educate kids about safety MGO would be looking for an "opportunity" to keep kids safe AND educate gun owners on the importance of safe gun storage.

So you're saying MGO only does the class if asked to?
    How else could you do it? Just ask for and then volunteer to those interested.

I would think there being a "need" to educate kids about safety MGO would be looking for an "opportunity" to keep kids safe AND educate gun owners on the importance of safe gun storage.
    This sounds more like creating another law. Don't we have enough already?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

You can provide info to a person, but you can't make them think.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast