Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Siaga ak .410 shotgun

"Legion siaga model 40"

caliber .410

serial is a L09 unit

I have the opportunity to buy one of these

I have seen a couple pictures, and i believe it to be converted to look like a normal ak.

I think it comes with 1 magazine

What is something like that worth in nice overall condition. I wouldnt say its 100% perfect/ unfired. But i would say used but well taken care off

What is something like this worth? are they desirable?
    Last edited by ruger69; 11-02-2023 at 02:23 PM.

You sure it's made by Legion or was that the importer?
    Likely a Izhmash Saiga Model 410 exported from Russia.

Price? $400-$500 for a used but well taken care of offering.
    Add for extras: mags, drums, scope, etc.

Desirable? Do you want it? If so, then yes.

MGO Member
    This one sold on 10/19/2023. You would have to reload .410's to afford to shoot one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1013779463
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    You sure it's made by Legion or was that the importer?
    Likely a Izhmash Saiga Model 410 exported from Russia.

Price? $400-$500 for a used but well taken care of offering.
    Add for extras: mags, drums, scope, etc.

Desirable? Do you want it? If so, then yes.

Here is what im told

Legion Izhevsk russia

Model: Siaga-40

cal 410

dont know if that helps?

Yep, it's a Izhmash Saiga Model 410 - no matter what the importer etched into it.
    Manufacturer is Izhmash. Izhmash factory is in Izhevsk (geograpically). Doesn't matter who imported it (Arsenal, FIME, Legion...) it was still made by Izhmash in Izhevsk.
    There is no such thing as a Model Saiga 40. They are all stamped SAIGA 410 somewhere (depending on the manufacture/ship date) - before they stopped being imported in 2014.
    pix603705419.jpg

Legion (Legion-USA, prior to 2014) is/was a branch of Izhmash. (Like Dan Wesson Firearms is part of CZ-USA) Legion is like the custom shop for Izhmash manufactured firearms.
    So...
    Still stand by a $400-500 book price. Everything else is subjective. You may be able to get another $250-$300 for it from a "really have to have one" excited buyer.
    and...
    add extra $ for each "Legion" accessory/item. Legion SAIGA 410's ship with no muzzle device, one 4rd mag and all other original ruskie parts - unless upgraded (hint: a TAPCO G2 trigger doesn't come from Russia).
    link to Izhmash Legion site
    This is how they come to the importer. (click pic for larger version or visit link)
    2162a425-b435-4cdc-8508-ffc2b80334c0.jpg
    "Saiga shotguns [were] imported in a "sporting" configuration that did not come with several ergonomic features such as the pistol grip. By "converting" a sporter Saiga with the minimum amount of US made parts, one can restore said firearm to it's original "combat" configuration."
    -- Legion USA
    I don't think your guy knows what he's talking about if he can't explain that to you.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Yep, it's a Izhmash Saiga Model 410 - no matter what the importer etched into it.
    Manufacturer is Izhmash. Izhmash factory is in Izhevsk (geograpically). Doesn't matter who imported it (Arsenal, FIME, Legion...) it was still made by Izhmash in Izhevsk.
    There is no such thing as a Model Saiga 40. They are all stamped SAIGA 410 somewhere (depending on the manufacture/ship date) - before they stopped being imported in 2014.
    pix603705419.jpg

Legion (Legion-USA, prior to 2014) is/was a branch of Izhmash. (Like Dan Wesson Firearms is part of CZ-USA) Legion is like the custom shop for Izhmash manufactured firearms.
    So...
    Still stand by a $400-500 book price. Everything else is subjective. You may be able to get another $250-$300 for it from a "really have to have one" excited buyer.
    and...
    add extra $ for each "Legion" accessory/item. Legion SAIGA 410's ship with no muzzle device, one 4rd mag and all other original ruskie parts - unless upgraded (hint: a TAPCO G2 trigger doesn't come from Russia).
    link to Izhmash Legion site
    This is how they come to the importer. (click pic for larger version or visit link)
    2162a425-b435-4cdc-8508-ffc2b80334c0.jpg

I don't think your guy knows what he's talking about if he can't explain that to you.

He is a older gentleman that has it in his collection. He is asking 1k for it

sounds like he is over priced by 2x

Ill probably walk. I dont need it, just thought it would be a cool piece to own.

Thank you everyone