Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

recommended things to read or learn for white tail hunting

Looking for good sources of information or courses, to read/watch.

Got deer school by the hunting public, to start, and Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails: Expert Techniques for Taking Big, Wary Bucks, and The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game: Volume 1: Big Game.

Any other recommended things? Looking to learn more specifically about scouting, hunting on public land, etc.

MGO Board of Directors

Get out early (July & August) and watch them. See what runs they use and where they go. I hunted many years on public land and took a deer every year because I knew where to sit on opening day.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

Once you get a basic understanding of where deer like to hang out, feed, water, etc, MI Hunt is a good free resource.
    You can select layers for cover type and density (oak, pine, wetland, ...) and others like topo features (natural funnels), then like the guy in the dress said - scout, scout, scout.

https://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mi-hunt/

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Once you get a basic understanding of where deer like to hang out, feed, water, etc, MI Hunt is a good free resource.
    You can select layers for cover type and density (oak, pine, wetland, ...) and others like topo features (natural funnels), then like the guy in the dress said - scout, scout, scout.

https://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mi-hunt/
    thank you, I bought onx hunt to try to use it on my when "e scouting" as well.

Ive been better at finding funnels, identified a pretty good set of them in the port huron SGA, and some tracks by black river (plus some bedding areas..I think), but didnt see a single thing moving in multiple visits and long all day sits.