Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many rounds will a $400 AR15 last - Test of PSA AR

Thot this would be interesting -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHGtjx_2qbQ

I am a Forum User
    Interesting video, a bit long, I gave up after the 1/2 way point.
    Shooting a budget PSA AR upper for 5K rds., much of it @ full auto, & suppressed seemed like a effective torture test.
    No mention of cleaning or lube intervals in the portion of the video watched ?
    Should have done / reported something besides reporting a failed extractor spring around 5 K rds... IMO

Comparing a entry level PSA BCG to a BCG from a $3-$4K rifle, one shouldn't be surprised the more expensive BCG would be higher quality.
    I own several PSA AR's ( in a few calibers) & overall, despite a few warranty repair issues in the past, Iwould say their products provide quite good quality,
    despite their bargain price. The company does stand behind their products as well.
    At least, that's been my experience. As with everything, YMMV..

I watched that video yesterday. It caught my attention as I have 2 of those exact uppers. They called the barrel done at 6,000+ rounds. They also said you could send it back to PSA and they'd re-barrel it and install a new bolt carrier group. I wasn't aware of that. I guess that's their lifetime warranty they tout.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Pretty decent not suppressed and cleaned and lubed I'd like to see another test. I wonder if the barrel was really shot out or fouled up ?

They left a lil unsaid.

I'd buy one they randomly score a good deal on a good barrel

MGO Member
    For a guy that shoots once a month or every 6 months and properly cleans the gun it would most likely last a lot more then they got.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member
    So is it better to have one $800 AR or two $400 ARs? How about 7 $400 ones instead of a $3k one?

I doubt short of going to war the average user would wear any of them out.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    So is it better to have one $800 AR or two $400 ARs? How about 7 $400 ones instead of a $3k one?

Bingo!
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I think 1 400 to start is good. Get some money buy something like a bcm or Daniel defense.

Then .... depends on what you have going on. Stacking up a bunch of 400 ar 15 won't really lose value.

I'd rather have two 1400-1600 than a 3k.

Its a good value proposition at 400

I am a Forum User

In order of preference

Colt M4orgery, Colt A1/A2 transition, Bushy Carbine, PSA CHF Mid, BA A2 pistol, BCM BFH Mid

I assembled the first 5 but traded for the BCM

I am a Forum User
    I was a good video but I wish they didn't shoot it full auto. It would have been a lot better to see standard barrel shoot semi auto and at full auto rated CHF chrome lined barrel shoot with full auto. Both PSA uppers and see what one wore out faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast