Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

Take back the NRA

Say what you want about the NRA but it's still the biggest dog on the block.

I joined as life member back in the 80s so have no choice but to help take it back from the board of corruption that has run it for some time.

There is now a facebook page called Members Take Back Our NRA. Their intention is to go the national convention in Dallas and make their voices known. Unfortunately I can't make it this year but their cause is just.

If you are an NRA member just joining the facebook page adds weight to the cause so consider joining. Hopefully their efforts will help take back the NRA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309304408832668

Not to mention there is a lot of good info on the crisis on the facebook page.
    Last edited by Garymac; 03-27-2024 at 12:24 PM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I dropped them years ago. Unfortunately it would take me a lot to go back.

Joe

MGO Member
    Plenty of folks get more satisfaction out of complaining about the NRA than helping to improve it, which could be as easy as simply voting.

There are 2 orgs that are much better than the NRA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Plenty of folks get more satisfaction out of complaining about the NRA than helping to improve it, which could be as easy as simply voting.
    Not happening over night, it took years for them to self destruct and going to take many years to gain peoples trust back.

Put money towards org, that might help fight the Michigan gun control laws. The NRA will no where to be found to fight four our rights in this state, or most any other state. Just my .02.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info Mac. just joined the group.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Chef View Post
    Not happening over night...
    Nope, nothing worth doing is easy, and it ain't gonna happen overnight, but a journey starts with the first step and if you (anyone/everyone) takes zero steps and give zero F's then nothing is going to change.

MGO Member
    I get wanting to join another group. However...the NRA is still the biggest dog on the block with the biggest bark, however tainted that might be now.

It seems to me that it would be better to invest in bringing back the biggest gun org into the fold than a number of other small groups. The NRA has the most members, the structure is already in place, it has good bones, it just needs to get back on the proper course.

And just so you know, I'm also a member of the SAF which I've found to be very good at protecting gun rights.

But I'm not giving up on the NRA.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

WLP is a small blip, but a big stain on the NRA history. The NRA never gets credit for the lives saved through a hundred years of its firearms safety training.
    That wasn’t GOA or other recent startups. It was the NRA, founded on firearms safety and marksmanship.
    Accept Climate Change: ADAPT!!!

MGO Member
    I joined, and am amiable to the idea that we could get the ship righted IF the right people right the ship.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast