Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

ATF new gun powder storage rule (if it flies it looks bad)

You realize this is from Aug of last year and has been floating around for months now, right?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Yep, but it isn't dead yet. There seems to be some new stirring.

I'm not saying it IS, just saying keep an eye on it.

I probably shouldn't have labeled it as new, just newly being talked about again.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    Yep, but it isn't dead yet. There seems to be some new stirring.

I'm not saying it IS, just saying keep an eye on it.

I probably shouldn't have labeled it as new, just newly being talked about again.
    There were some previous discussions on this forum regarding it. I don't remember all the details, but do recall that it seems so nebulous and overarching that damn near anything could be considered explosive. Paint thinner, certain fertilizers, loading powder, and the list goes on. Gas for your mower, etc... As it reads, no way it can be put into play without a serious amount of rewriting.
    Not an attorney so I may be incorrect on that, but it's one of those feel good ideas for libtards who want to make it safer for squirrels and UFO's.
    Course, these are the same screwmooks who have made it literally impossible for me to fill up my lawn mower or weed eater without spilling gas everywhere, so nothing is past their level of idiocy.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    There were some previous discussions on this forum regarding it. I don't remember all the details, but do recall that it seems so nebulous and overarching that damn near anything could be considered explosive. Paint thinner, certain fertilizers, loading powder, and the list goes on. Gas for your mower, etc... As it reads, no way it can be put into play without a serious amount of rewriting.
    Not an attorney so I may be incorrect on that, but it's one of those feel good ideas for libtards who want to make it safer for squirrels and UFO's.
    Course, these are the same screwmooks who have made it literally impossible for me to fill up my lawn mower or weed eater without spilling gas everywhere, so nothing is past their level of idiocy.
    That thread also outlined the conditions under which it was applicable-which was not to most people. You’d do well to go look it up and read the details beyond what youve posted OP.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    That thread also outlined the conditions under which it was applicable-which was not to most people. You’d do well to go look it up and read the details beyond what youve posted OP.
    No need to go back as usually an internet nanny will come along and save the day!

All this would do is add an annual re-notification, on top of the already required (start/stop) oral and written notifications.
    ...and this is only for commerce related storage (businesses, etc) not individual reloaders.

Also, if that doesn't make sense...the proposed rule intended to change 27 CFR 555.201(f) to reflect the above.
    "Smokeless powders designed for use in small arms ammunition are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555."
    --BATFE
    https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/sm...osives-storage
    The sky is not falling, if it flies it does not look bad because of this proposed rule. Keep Calm and Carry On, Nanny has changed the baby's diaper.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post

All this would do is add an annual re-notification, on top of the already required (start/stop) oral and written notifications.
    ...and this is only for commerce related storage (businesses, etc) not individual reloaders.

Also, if that doesn't make sense...the proposed rule intended to change 27 CFR 555.201(f) to reflect the above.

The sky is not falling, if it flies it does not look bad because of this proposed rule. Keep Calm and Carry On, Nanny has changed the baby's diaper.
    To add on sadly I think the reason this is being added on is too many businesses are hiding what they're doing from local fire departments or cities. Yes, cities often do cash grabs but if you're storing large amount of explosives the fire department should know about it. Look at the most recent explosion in Clinton where the company was storing explosives without notice (granted not gunpowder) or proper storage.

I have always said it's the few stupid that make the rest of us look bad.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee

Yes, cities often do cash grabs but if you're storing large amount of explosives the fire department should know about it. Look at the most recent explosion in Clinton where the company was storing explosives without notice (granted not gunpowder) or proper storage.
    Smokeless gunpowder is considered a “flammable” not an “explosive” by most fire depts, or so I’ve been led to believe. Gunpowder doesn’t blow up in a fire unless contained. Kept in its original packaging and stored in a ventable cabinet or on a shelf if acts as an accelerant.
    Your local fireman very likely is more worried about that 5gal gas can or propane tank attached to your grill you store in your garage then a couple 8# jugs of Varget in the basement.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray